Consecutive interpretation is one of interpretation types, in which the speaker makes pauses in the speech needed for the interpreter to implement interpretation. These pauses are short as a rule, because a qualified interpreter usually formulates the interpretation while the speaker is talking and the pauses are used just for the interpreter's speech.
Consecutive interpretation is usually required at events where few people are involved.
- Business negotiations
- Telephone conversations
- Seminars, workshops, round table meetings with small number of participants
- Briefings, press-conferences
- Presentation, exhibitions
- Celebration events, cocktail parties
- Installation and commissioning of equipment with foreign specialists
- Tours for foreign guests, delegation services
- Court proceedings, examination of foreign citizens, any notary actions with foreign citizens
***** Does not require any additional equipment.
It is one of the most difficult types of interpretation, which requires special equipment for simultaneous interpretation.
This equipment allows the interpreter to perform interpretation simultaneously with the speaker's speech, and the latter does not have to make special pauses for the interpreter's speech. Such perception of the speech being spoken with simultaneous creation of its interpretation is the key specific feature of the simultaneous interpretation.
The special equipment is the simultaneous interpretation system, which usually includes stationary or modular cabin (booth), where the simultaneous interpretation unit is installed, which consists of two headsets and microphone for interpreters, and also headsets or handheld receivers for each participant who needs translation.
Events which require simultaneous interpretation as a rule include the following:
- events held in big conference-halls or other large rooms and where many people are involved,
- presentations, etc.
**** At least two interpreters shall be invited for each event which require simultaneous interpretation.
- Legal (agreements, contracts, contract documentation, constituent documents, proceedings documentation and court decisions);
- Financial (banking documents, financial and loan documentation, tax and accounting documents, customs documentation)
- Commercial (business-plans, tender documents, licenses and certificates);
- Engineering (chemistry, physics, engineering technologies, aviation, metallurgy, radioelectronics, telecommunications, nuclear energy, oil and gas, tool-and-die industry, construction, project design documentation and regulations, manuals and specifications, software, IT, programming interfaces, presentations, computer games);
- Advertising business (translation and customizing of advertising materials, PR-texts, slogans);
- Medical (medical certificates, descriptions, medical literature);
- Fiction literature and journalism
We translate and interpret to:
Languages spoken in the European Union (English, German, Spanish, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Croatian, etc.),
Languages spoken in the former Soviet Union countries (Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Georgian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, etc. )
Languages spoken in Asia and Africa (Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Hindi, Bengali, Farsi, Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.).